Search Adventures in Poverty Blog

Sunday

FREE STUFF?

Have you ever received a phone asking you to tour a resort? Me neither. What I did receive was a phone call saying I won a $2,000.00 shopping spree, a 3 day, 2 night stay at select resorts across the country, AND $50.00 cash! Well, well, well....I asked a few questions and guess what? All I had to do was.....tour a resort in Sanbornton. Okay I said , why not? We got nothing better to do on a Sunday. So we loaded up the two boys and off we went. The e-mail said 11:30 prompt. We arrived at 11:20. And waited...and waited..At noon we were served coffee and tea and at 12:20 Ben asked the girl at the desk how much longer. The 3 other couples hurried over to the desk to hear her answer. She gave an apologetic look and asked if anyone needed to leave, we all said yes (it's Nascar at 3:00...for heavens sake!!) so she divied up our free stuff and we were set free. Sure enough we were given 2 vouchers each for $1,000.00 to shop online. (we pay shipping and handling ...in case you didn't already guess) We got our 3 day 2 night stay information (with black out dates...in case you didn't already guess) AND we got our $50.00 cash (in good old paper currency...betcha didn't guess that). Not bad, we did drive almost an hour but I combined this with a trip to the Tilton outlets. GAP has a fantastic sale! They have the BEST kids clothes. GAP clothing , in my experience, does not shrink, fade or stain. I can hand them down from Will to Luke and still take them to consignment when Luke grows out of them. I can't say that for too many other brands. So all in all it was a good day, a nice break in the monotony.

No comments:

Join With Me!!

Summer on the back porch

Summer on the back porch